Re: Electric Outlet Control Via LAN

Another option is this device which allows remote control of an outlet via
LAN.... their price is about $80  about $10 less than the corpsys product.
Corpsys has eight switched outlets and you can sequence them to come on with
a single LAN command.  The one on the geeks site has four outlets.   But it
also supports more features like snmp.

My switch box from corpsys came last week I haven't had time to try it.
Biggest disadvantage to it that I can see so far is that it big... designed
so you can put flanges on it and rack it up.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=IP9258&cpc=SCH

a.. IP Power 9258T Network AC Power Controller

a.. General Features:
a.. Stylish compact design
a.. Built in web server, can be used through the Ethernet or Internet
network
a.. Support multiple Internet browsers
a.. Control four (4) AC outlets at one time
a.. Supports HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, Internet-fixed IP, DHCP, LAN - virtual IP
a.. Supports security passwords, easily installed and can be updated online
a.. Support for serial port communication
a.. LED lights indicate the status of each switch
a.. Safe design for high voltage resistance and protection of electrical
fire using nonflammable materials
a.. You can remotely reboot sever or PC
a.. Timer schedule feature allows you to per-set reboot or shut down times
a.. Supports network time protocol

a.. Connections:
a.. Serial port
a.. Ethernet port