Re: WAY OFF TOPIC: Religion

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:51:29 -0500, Who is Religion? <relpyto@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Jeff wrote:
>
>>Who is Religion? <relpyto@xxxxxxx> wrote in
>>

>>What makes man choose a religion?
>
>>What if a man chooses not to choose one?
>
>>Why is religion the major point of discrepancy when applied to world
>>affairs?
>
>>How does your religion affect your life in general?
>
>>Is there a way to discuss religion without fighting?
>

>>> This is
>>
>>abuse@xxxxxxxxxx
>

>No, it's not Usenet abuse.. It's a rational call for discussion.

They don't have an email address called
rational-call-for-discussion-of-totally-off-topic-subjects@xxxxxxxxxx

I do appreciate that you marked it off topic, but I'm not sure you did
that right.  Most OT threads are marked with OT, so that people with
filters set up against OT threads will filter out those posts.  Maybe
you should have included OT and Off Topic.

For my newsreader, the text to be filtered for don't have to lead off
the line, so the word "WAY" would not interfere with the filter.   I
think that is typical.

OTOH, most people haven't set up an OT filter, or any filter.

So as far as I know, since your post off-topic and sent to unrelated
groups, it's still appropriate to complain to the email address above.
And Frosty's post is right on the money.

Also, I haven't looked at your gif, but it's only a gif so who can you
expect to have a discussion?  Here? where it's off topic!

In the enlarged meaning of the word, your post is still SPAM**.

**Capitalized for emphasis and not to mean that it's a lunchmeat.
(This disclaimer is for one person here who either cares or has a very
dry wit.)