Re: X10 programming from PC

"Staiger" <Staiger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:04adnaQbW6TurIzYnZ2dnUVZ8tadnZ2d@xxxxxx:

<snip>

> I have thought about implementing my own PIC-based solution to take over
> the "smarts" of the CM11, just using the CM11 as a signalling converter.
>
> Has anyone else done this already?  Or can I buy something like it?
<snip>

See JDS Technologies
http://www.jdstechnologies.com/

I am not affiliated with this company, just a satisfied customer.  I used a
TimeCommander (predecessor to their current products) for many years.  It
gets connected to a PC for programming, then can be disconnected from the PC.
Their Stargate products work similarly but have more features.

The TimeCommander performs operations based on time and based on X-10 traffic
that it sees on the power line.  It knows the date and the time (and
sunset/sunrise), has timers, and has logic like If-then-else.  It has test
features, and can log what it does (readable from a PC).  It also has battery
backup for its clock/calendar, and can be programmed to take appropriate
actions when power is restored after a poer failure.

I used my TimeCommander for many years to control my swimming pool and some
minor functions in my house.  I gave it up only because I have quit X-10.
The TimeCommander worked fine.  The programming software had some minor flaws
but was quite nice.  The programming software worked on Windows 95 as well as
on Windows ME.  I don't know whether it would work on Windows NT / 2000 / XP.

--
Ian Shef     805/F6      *    These are my personal opinions
Raytheon Company         *    and not those of my employer.