Re: roZetta Status

Frank,

I know how hard it is to get anything from them. One of their European
dealers sent me some of their hardware and asked me to evaluate it. I looked
at their NDA but didn't want to get that much involved just to do a freebie
for someone. Even the dealer had problems getting information.

Are the commands you enter ASCII commands? If so, roZetta can handle them.
If they are binary, there will be ways to handle them as well but roZetta
will not "understand" or interpret them in any way. Without knowing the
details of the protocol I may later get a surprise but I think anything you
now send with HV you will also be able to send with roZetta "as is".

Users will just tell roZetta there is an ASCII device on one of the serial
ports and can then send any ASCII commands [or binary using hex strings in
square brackets] over that port. ASCII inputs will be reported "as is" but
binary inputs will be ignored. (I may later add an option to have ASCII
devices report incoming binary commands as hex strings.) You can make use of
them without needing to understand them but there will be no default actions
since roZetta knows nothing about the details of the protocol. In essence,
roZetta is just a series of user created lookup tables, one for each I/O
port (8 in all). There are some limits on ASCII command lengths.