Re: OT

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Frank Olson wrote:
>
>>--- snip BS ---

Heh...  right...

> This is getting OT.  Olson has (as usual) misquoted me in an effort to
> stir the pot.  I once mentioned a C152 which was a tail dragger.

Nope.  That isn't how it went down, Robert.  As usual you're "editing"
the event in your favour.

> Olson
> tried to argue that TD conversions are somehow impossible or some such
> drivel.

Nope.  I simply stated that you couldn't just "swap" the main gear legs
with ones that "raked forward".  You had to move the entire assembly to
the second hard point below the fuselage wing strut attachment.

> Mr. Olson  claimed to have snap-rolled a 737.

I never "claimed" any such thing, Robert.

> He also claimed
> that he borrowed this 737 from Boeing so that he could test out his pet
> theory about a Canadian air disaster.

Horse twaddle.

> Mr. Olson claimed that his
> initial plan was to take off and then (without weight on the mains)
> appply reverse thrusters.  :^)

Bullschitt!!  I stated that during the test the Boeing Engineers ruled
out deploying reversers in flight because we could easily overstress the
aircraft.  By the way...  You can deploy reversers in flight (although
it's certainly not recommended).  It's called "reverser override", and
the two switches for it are on the overhead console.