Re: Need speed switch for DIY funicular/hillside elevator

> BTW, I can just remember (actually, these days it's more a matter of
> remembering remembering) when the Mount Adams Incline still operated in
> Cincinnati. It was a little larger than your funicular, being designed to
> carry streetcars. There were 4-5 funiculars in Cincinnati. The bottom of
> the
> last link, below, has links to photos of the others.

Here are links to the two operating inclines in Pittsburgh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duquesne_Incline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monongahela_Incline

You can probably find more pictures by searching on "Monongahela Incline" or
"Duquesne Incline" outside of wikipedia.
I have ridden on the Duquesne Incline and it is a fun ride.  It operates
both as a tourist ride and part of the transit system.
Pittsburgh needed them because it is in the top of the Y where the
Monongahela and the Allegheny rivers join.  There are two tall bluffs on the
outsides of the Y which makes it almost impossible to get to the city from
the sides or bottom unless you use in incline or a tunnel.
--
Bill Fuhrmann