Re: Need speed switch for DIY funicular/hillside elevator

Dave Houston wrote:
> If I understand correctly, you want something that will automatically
> activate if the spool starts turning too fast.
>
> Could you adapt this idea?
>
>      http://www.msha.gov/S&HINFO/TECHRPT/HOIST/PAPER5.HTM
>
> astutesolutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dave, yes, that is helpful.  It demonstrates many techniques I can use.
 Althoug I'm still limited as to how to build a similar system myself,
it should give me some more terms to google to see if there is an off
the shelf solution I may be able to adapt.

I especially liked the rope brake discussions.  Although their solution
used compressed air, I could use some kind of spring powered mechanism
(on cart) to clamp down on a fixed cable that runs from top to bottom.
I'm still at a loss though as to how to easily trigger it on the speed,
although obviously a simple solution may be out of my reach.

Thanks for the link!
Jeff