Re: Suggestion for box where alarm monitoring failovers from landline to cell phone - when landline is cut.

G. Morgan wrote:

> If that's true than I mis-read the rules.  I looked into them when
> some folks directly or indirectly accused me (and you were in the
> group too) or falsely filing complaints against Robert Bass.  I have
> NEVER filed a BBB complaint in my life, much less about RLB whom I
> have never dealt with in business.

You don't have to buy something from a company to complain about it's
service.  That being said, the BBB *will* investigate every complaint,
and forward the details of said complaint to the company under
investigation.  They are given every opportunity to respond *before* the
file is closed with a "no response" or a "failed to respond" comment.
They do, after all, have to ensure the process remains as transparent as
possible to both parties in the complaint.

>>No. They won't.  They, in fact, don't post the actual complaints at all.
>

> You are absolutely right.  I did not mean to imply the complaints
> themselves are available for review.
>

>>  They're divided into several distinct categories (all of which are
>>listed on Bass' BBB record).  More-over, they will only provide the
>>details of the complaints to the authorized representatives of the
>>company being complained against.  This includes the individual's name,
>>address, and purchase details.  Most people who actually take the time
>>to file a complaint with the BBB have fairly detailed records that
>>include contact dates, the names of the individual(s) they talked to and
>>the nature of their response.
>

> Yes. I was merely trying to make sure that Mr. Bass was not accusing
> me of doing harm to his business by making false complaints.

He has stated on numerous occasions that we have filed false complaints.
  Fortunately his lies are not supported by the BBB complaint process.

> The whole implication that I did such a thing is offensive, and
> bordering on libelous.

Bass has actually "crossed the border" on several occasions.
Considering his own well documented history on Usenet, I wouldn't give
anything he says much credence.

>>>they investigate each one
>>
>>Yes, they do.
>

> And that's good.