Re: Insteon RF SDK

Good Day All,

   Dave I have to agree, though I don't use the Insteon protocol.

   All of the temperature monitoring in my home is done with RF. Its
simple, clean and not connected to any specific protocol. In the end it
does tie to my Homeseer server, but thats not hard to convert.

   There are a great deal of nice simple transceivers on the market for
people to experiment with. And of course if you don't need two way
communications, it gets easier still. My temperature circuits don't
need two way comms so I used the simple little Laipac units.

   If you did want some sort of central control point to control
remotely an RF modem would do the job. You can expand that to an
ethernet wireless type connection and really have a good old time. More
and more of my friends and family are installing, or having me install
wireless hubs and routers in their homes.

   This makes for a solid foundation for home automation. Units like
SitePlayer, and Xport to name a few make the transistion less costly
and save a great amount of development time and money. My experiments
in RF, and ehternet controlls is slow but I have made some good
progress in shaping my world.

 Ta Da
    Brad