Re: Whole house generators (slightly OT)

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> <stuff snipped>
>> > You could fit perhaps as many as 3 or 4 copies of my little
>> >  house into any one of his 3 (or is it 4) houses!
>> >
>> > :-)
>
>> Oh, no. Only the 2 in HI & TX. I'm building a spec house which is 99%
>> complete and listed for sale but that's a business venture - not my
>> home.  The thought of managing yet another home is frightening.
>
> I lost count at two. (-:  Has the real estate downturn that's plaguing CA
> had any effect on HI?  I had some friends who were spec'ing houses during
> the *last* downturn and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Hawaii prices took a huge hit in 9/11 but by and large have recovered.
Prices had stagnated recently.  We sold out there about 3 months ago and got
a very scary amount of money.  We did the tax free exchange thing, and move
the money to the mainland where returns are better and prices more stable.