Re: HA Issue

Here's ACT's PDF...

     http://www.act-solutions.com/pdfs/PCCInst/scopetest2_instr.pdf

and web page...

     http://www.act-solutions.com/PCCHPWOrderInfo.htm

I got mine from Worthington but I don't think it's listed in their online
catalog and it's no longer in their print catalog. I believe ACT has
abandoned this market and bet the farm on A-10 and Z-Wave.

You can use 3 resistors and a capacitor to accomplish more or less the same
thing. See Microchip's AN236, Appendix C-3 for the values. It blocks most of
the 60Hz although you'll still see a wee bit. It has the advantage of being
a low-pass filter so you might see higher frequencies than what the
Scope-Test2 or ESM1 will pass. (IIRC, Paul Beam, who designed the ESM1, told
me it passes ~75-175kHz.) I was never able to see what was affecting the
Smarthome devices.

FWIW, an LM14A performed flawlessly in the same outlet where the 1132B and
other Smarthome modules would not. And the 2000STW and 2414S are OK in other
circuits. So I think it was akin to "no seeums".

BTW, search this group on "John Galvin 1132B" and you'll find a schematic of
the 1132B. I don't think you will be able to easily improve the tuning but
you can create your own PIC or perhaps incorporate the needed functionality
in your current PIC.

John Galvin also did a schematic of the ESM1 which you can find in the same
way.

http://www.davehouston.net