Re: Whole house generators (slightly OT)

"BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> So, I think it's time for big honkin' generator to serve the whole house.
> I've been looking at the Generac line and I'm considering a 35,000 watt
> unit to serve my 200amp home.  I'd appreciate any info or suggestions that
> any of you have to offer.  I'd like to run it off Natural gas with LP gas
> as a backup.

I have a 7KW Generac running on LP.  I don't know about the bigger
models but switching from LP to natural gas on mine requires partial
disassembly of the unit.  You would also need a valve arrangement
that would prevent LP flowing into the natural gas line or natural
gas flowing into the LP tank.