Re: RF Modulator and Cable Modem

In article <_YsXg.990$pa1.478@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 "Kurt Delaney" <kurt_dot_delaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One idea:  replace that 4-way splitter w/ a 2-way splitter.  Use one branch
> for the CM, and send the other branch into the notch and then split that
> resulting signal w/ the 4-way splitter -- those go to the TVs.  That is
> basically the setup I use and it works well.

That'll work *provided* the cable signals at your house are considerably
above the minimum level. A four-way splitter already eats up a lot of
signal, and a four behind a two may have problems.

You can try it, and if it works, fine, but be aware that lots of things
can affect the level of the signal coming down the street, so on a very
hot (or cold) day, or at any other random time, things might go wonky.
Analog signals may just get a bit noisy, but if a digital carrier drops
below threshold, nada.

Isaac