Re: RF Modulator and Cable Modem

In article <9-6dnRVT28IDXbDYnZ2dnUVZ_tOdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 "JTrusner" <jtrusner@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi I am wanting to wire a cam via RF modulator (Channel Vision CVT1) at
> home. Does anyone know if a notch filter is going to impact my Modem? Goal -
> 1 cam 1 channel to 3 TV's.

The CM downstream probably uses one of the highest channels, and the
upstream is below channel 2 by a bit. If you pick a notch somewhere
between channel 6 and channel 30 or so, probably not a problem.

Here's the best setup: There should be a splitter in the incoming cable,
with one side feeding your TV and the other, the CM. Do not tamper with
the cable coming from the street into that splitter. Add your notch
filter to the side that feeds the TV, and there's not much chance at all
of a problem.

Isaac