Re: sensor controller

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9k9ji21bc4i5q51r5ltquih0dhc02dp1bj@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:27:41 -0400, "Bill Kearney"
> <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Yes and these idiots seem to have nothing better to do that stalk Bass.
>>Fortunately people who can actually help answer questions outnumber them.
>

> If you think his advice was anything other than an attempt at selling
> something you're seriously misguided.

It is good business to be involved in the customer forums. Check any other
group for this industry or any other (consumer electronics, automotive
performance parts, cooking, whatever) and you'll find the smart vendors are
involved.

I just bought an upgraded Tivo. Made some posts to a few different forums,
got responses from a number of places. The most articulate DIY instructions
came from a vendor. I chose to just buy from him instead, because I
appreciated his help and because I learned that I didn't have time to do it
myself.

Being a valuable contributor to a forum and having a financial dog in the
industry are not mutually exclusive. Robert's helped me personally
understand infrared distribution, and I've never bought a thing from him.
That said, his helpful posts far outweight the blathering coming from
others; If I found the product I need at a good price on his website, I
won't hesitate to buy from him, because I find him to be a positive
contributor. The fact that involvement on these boards is good for his
business doesn't bother me in the least.