Re: Insteon open source WAS: Something else

Hello Marc,

> Here's a url of a picture taken (literally) from the upstairs of the house I
> grew up in and still own and visit on the Mediterranean island of Mallorca,
> Spain:
>
> http://www.valldemossa.com/vallde.htm
>
> That's the new (18th century?) church in the picture. The terraces built on
> the mountainside were built by the Moors ca 1000. Our house is contiguous
> with the palace of the Kings of Mallorca begun in 1390-something and finished
> about 1405 IIRC. Famous too for a monastery also built in the 13-14th C's,
> also contiguous with our house.

Nice! The Maurs were also great builders, as were the Egyptians and
Chinese. Just imagine who it must have taken just to get all the stuff
there. No trucks, no roads to speak of, no Home Depot in those days.

> My first HA project involved chiseling in the meter-thick stone walls of my
> bedroom to embed wires ... Folks what complain about the 'difficulty' of
> pulling CAT5 through hollow stud walls in US and Canada have no idea how easy
> they have it ;-)

Yep, done that, too. In Germany. Drilling a hole from first floor to
second could take a whopping 15 minutes. Or a lot more if you hit a
pebble in the concrete. In my days there I did not have a Bosch Bulldog
so it was all hand-chiseling.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com