Re: doorbell camera/intercom

In article <1164834090.576230.117850@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert L Bass) writes:
| > I'd like to have standard video available
| > at all times and a regular contact closure
| > button.  Anybody know of a (possibly
| > older) system whose door-mounted
| > component works this way?
|
| Hi Dan,
|
| Aiphone has a new standard (non-video) door station that comes with an
| optional pin-hole camera mounted behind the plate.  It looks like an
| ordinary audio intercom station.

Sounds like a good bet.

| The unit is called an LE-SSV.

Is there a picture of it handy online?  (A quick search turned up only
a few hits with no images.)

| It
| works with the LEF series with which I believe you are familiar.

Nope, never looked at it.

| How
| many master and sub stations do you need?

I would say from 0-1 and from 1-3, respectively, depending on whether
I could integrate them well enough with my home automation system to
not need a master at all.

| Aiphone is sending me a copy of the LE-SSV installation manual (it's
| not on their website yet).  I can forward it to you if you like.

Thanks; that would be great.  I'm currently trying to create a path that
will make it possible to fish wires later without violating the integrity
of the monolithic lead flashing that's being installed under the whole
door/sidelights unit.  If I can't do that I'll run a couple of 4-pair
and an RG59 into the (very small) cavity behind where the unit would mount.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com