Home Theatre Macros

In my home, I use an Ocelot for this. I'm trying to package up something
easy to give for Christmas to enhance the "home theater" experience.

Anyone have any suggestions for the cheapest way to combine some lighting
(X-10 or insteon, I said cheap) and IR macros?

IE, "Power on DVD player, house lights to half, accent lights to full" and
"House lights out, accent lights to 50%, DVD 'play' "  etc?

There are a few simple IR->X10 boxes; I can get some scene-aware switches
(switchlincs are my favorite) for the lighting; I'd like to do the IR macros
in something other than the remote. I've used Prontos and Harmony's and
these would be perfect, but expensive. If there's a cheaper macro remote,
I'll consider it.

But a simple little device to store and playback X10 and IR macros would be
sweet. Any ideas?