MI5 Persecution: Data Protection application to Keith Hill MP, 2002

Data Protection application to Keith Hill MP, 2002

 In May 2002 I made a subject access application under the Data Protection Act 1998 to Keith Hill, my local MP. I was interested
to see who he had spoken to during 1997-1999, when we were communicating by letter. The Information Commissioner's office told
me that Mr Hill had been convicted in May 2000 under the DPA, presumably by omission of knowing the relevant law; consequently
Mr Hill was more helpful than usual in his response to my application. For the sake of interest, I reproduce the Evening Standard
news report here.

Coupled to my data protection application, I asked Mr Hill;

Additionally I ask the non-data-protection question of whether you spoke to the Police about me, about our communications or my
faxes to Parliament, either in April 2000 or at any other time. Please identify any such communications.

His response consisted of a computer printout, with covering letter, which are shown here. His letter says he may have spoken to
Police about the faxes Parliament had been receiving, but his memory is unclear "at this remove in time". I suspect that his memory
would allow him to remember whether or not he complained to Police two years previously; but it would not be to his advantage to
remember, would it.

The data printout spells out that I asked for Mr Hill's assistance against "BBC news readers who are spying on him through the
television." It also contains a reference of Mr Hill's office referring my case to Social Services, to whom I am unknown. "Presents
Challenging Issues" sounds a code, like the nursing UNDY = "Unfortunately Not Dead Yet" (but we continue to hope).

I wrote again to Mr Hill on 13 May and told him I did not accept his apparent memory lapse regarding the police. I asked him to
elucidate; in his response of 17 May he said he was unable to add to his earlier note on this point.

598