MI5 Persecution: Correspondence with Keith Hill MP, 1997-2001

Correspondence with Keith Hill MP, 1997-2001

In early 1997 I went to see my local MP, Keith Hill (Labour - London Streatham), at one of his surgeries, to ask his advice
and enlist his support in combating the MI5 conspiracy. He appeared helpful during the meeting, promising assistance to find
a lawyer and help with my legal efforts. Unfortunately, a month after the meeting he was much less inclined to assist, as the
following letter shows.

My thought on reading his letter was that he had appeared helpful at the surgery merely to get rid of me without a fuss; he
never had any intention of constructive advice or assistance.

I wrote to Mr Hill a year later, on 20 May 1998, stating that I wished to make a complaint to Police regarding the continuing
actions against me, and requesting his help in so doing. He responded a week later;

Again I wrote to Mr Hill on 10 November 1998, stating;

I am sure you will remember me from your surgery a year and a half ago, and subsequent letter dated 20/5/98 which is reproduced
over the page.

Once again I am asking you if you can help me, particularly in obtaining the passenger list for the BA flight in 1993, where four
of my persecutors confronted me. The harassment has restarted over the last two weeks, by "coincidence" as I have restarted
faxing your fellow MPs. If these faxes worry my persecutors then they must be having some effect - therefore, I feel encouraged
to continue them.

Several of your Parliamentary colleagues have expressed the view that I should be making more of an effort to secure the
assistance of my MP rather than presenting the matter to random members of the Commons. I hope you will be more helpful now
than on the earlier occasions I contacted you.

His response was in the following terms;

Presumably it is somewhat unusual for a British Member of Parliament to threaten a constituent with arrest by Police on the
grounds of excessive communication. Being a legal neophyte I sought the advice of a local solicitor, who opined that no case
existed for a charge of harassment;

In any case, who would I be harassing? Only Mr Hill, or hundreds of Westminster MPs simultaneously? I wrote again on 1 February
1999 to Mr Hill, enclosing my solicitor's advice above. Mr Hill did not respond to the letter.

Finally, in May 2001 I received an election missive from Mr Hill, stating "But I do hope you felt that I had at least tried
to help." Presumably Mr Hill hasn't threatened many of his other constituents with arrest on the basis of excessive faxing,
but the reader will be aware of the irony of the phrasing of his election communication.

For my subject access request to Mr Hill's office in 2002, please follow this link.

598