MI5 Persecution: Home Office MI5 Liaison won't comment

Home Office MI5 Liaison won't comment

I wrote to Jack Straw, Home Secretary, in early 1999, following an article in the Times in which he spoke of his "close
monitoring" of the Security Service. My letter asked him if he had "authorised any surveillance or harassment actions against
me". He didn't reply himself, but passed on my request to the Home Office's Organised and International Crime Directorate
(how appropriate for an international master criminal like myself), and specifically their Intelligence and Security Liaison
Unit. They first made a fairly vacuous response; after further prodding, they made a further response, shown here.

So there you are. Zip the lips, lie low and say nuthin. Open government? That'll be the day.

598