Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Rr6dnX3dnuPEWPHYnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I switched to RadioRa a couple of years ago and it's been absolutely
> fantastic.  Absolutely no troubles whatsoever with switch operation,
> installation and reliability.  They "just work" as one should rightfully
> expect.

X10 is both a protocol and a product.  While X10 products are cheap, they do
work.  Those brown BSR modules we bought almost 30 years ago are still
pushed into service for Christmas decorations.  How many electronic devices
you own now will still be in use 30 years from now?

The X10 protocol does have some challenges in today?s environment.  Not many
of the electronic devices found in a typical home today were in use when the
X10 protocol was developed.  As the power distribution environment becomes
more complex, it does take some work to keep it ?X10 friendly?.

Our X10 modules and Leviton X10 switches ?just work?, doing what they should
day in and day out.  Who can ask for more?

Jeff