Re: X10 RR501 Burst Misalignment

news:456af10d.688705687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >It is interesting to note that the misalignment agrees exactly with
bursts
> >for 50 Hz operation.  The start of the third burst would be delayed 6.67
mS
> >after zero crossing rather than 5.55 mS for 60 Hz.  Assuming a 1.00 mS
bust
> >length, that 1.11 mS delay would shrink the gap between the end of the
last
> >burst and the beginning of the next zero crossing burst to .66 mS.
> >
> >I don't believe the RR501 is supposed to support 50Hz operation, but
perhaps
> >it does include code for that timing that is somehow being accessed.
>
> Until 6-7 years ago, when all of their modules and switches were
redesigned
> to meet tighter European emmission and frequency specs, they used the same
> basic boards and/or circuits and PIC firmware in some of their European
> devices although I'm not sure about the RR501.
>
> If you have a Kill A Watt, it would be interesting to know the frequency
and
> stability of your 120VAC.

A digital frequency counter pegs it at 60.0 Hz, and it is rock-solid on the
scope.  The waveform is usually pretty good, with some slight flattening of
the peaks, and that little glitch just after the negative-going zero
crossing.  The 120KHz audio carrier that was coming in over the powerline
for a couple of weeks seems to have disappeared.

Jeff