Re: X10 RR501 Burst Misalignment

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Just to follow-up on this, looking at that photo again in a dark room I can
>see two very faint bursts on the right hand side from a prior trace due to
>phosphor persistence.  Referenced to the rightmost zero crossing burst, they
>were properly positioned.
>
>It is interesting to note that the misalignment agrees exactly with bursts
>for 50 Hz operation.  The start of the third burst would be delayed 6.67 mS
>after zero crossing rather than 5.55 mS for 60 Hz.  Assuming a 1.00 mS bust
>length, that 1.11 mS delay would shrink the gap between the end of the last
>burst and the beginning of the next zero crossing burst to .66 mS.
>
>I don't believe the RR501 is supposed to support 50Hz operation, but perhaps
>it does include code for that timing that is somehow being accessed.

Until 6-7 years ago, when all of their modules and switches were redesigned
to meet tighter European emmission and frequency specs, they used the same
basic boards and/or circuits and PIC firmware in some of their European
devices although I'm not sure about the RR501.

If you have a Kill A Watt, it would be interesting to know the frequency and
stability of your 120VAC.

http://davehouston.net