Re: X10 RR501 Burst Misalignment

Just to follow-up on this, looking at that photo again in a dark room I can
see two very faint bursts on the right hand side from a prior trace due to
phosphor persistence.  Referenced to the rightmost zero crossing burst, they
were properly positioned.

It is interesting to note that the misalignment agrees exactly with bursts
for 50 Hz operation.  The start of the third burst would be delayed 6.67 mS
after zero crossing rather than 5.55 mS for 60 Hz.  Assuming a 1.00 mS bust
length, that 1.11 mS delay would shrink the gap between the end of the last
burst and the beginning of the next zero crossing burst to .66 mS.

I don't believe the RR501 is supposed to support 50Hz operation, but perhaps
it does include code for that timing that is somehow being accessed.

Jeff

"Joerg" <notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Jeff Volp wrote:
>
> > As first reported here several weeks ago, it appears that the X10 RR501
does
> > not maintain correct registration of its 3-phase bursts.  At that time
it
> > was just a curiosity, but it has now become a problem when using a gated
AGC