Comments on My Basics

I hope I'm not inviting another "discussion" like my recent "Mentor /
Advisor" post.

But, I'd like to get some comments / thoughts / ideas about how I think I'll
start my journey into HA.

Based on conversations here, at SageTV forums, reading in Charmed Quark, and
looking at the setup that IVB describes on his homepage at
www.myhomeautomationpc.com, I think I'll start with something similar.

I think I'm going to skip lighting automation for now, and stay focused on
A/VS., Security, HVAC, and HomeTheater.  Too much debate, confusion, and
uncertainty around the lighting stuff.  Plus, while it sounds cool to do
lighting automation, I don't think I'm "wowed" enough by it to risk an
unreliable system that causes the WAF to fall in the commode for the whole
shootin' match.  It's easier to just get out of bed at turn that light down
the hall off.

So:

CharmedQuark for the central software control, skins, etc ..
Elk M1 Gold panel
SageTV for AV

Thoughts?

Thanks,