Re: Smarthome Lamplinc and local control

I will be completing the conversion from X10 to Insteon this weekend.
Over the past couple of months that I've been doing this I found that
the addition of just a few Insteon devices started to compromise X10
signals even with a repeater in place.  While initially I was only going
to take care of some trouble spots with Insteon I decided to bite the
bullet and just do the whole thing. Now that I have about 40 of the 48
devices installed Insteon is proving to be very robust. I do have some
signal problems that are being caused by the presence of both signals. I
anticipate that those problems will stop once I have RoZetta installed.
In the meantime I'm thinking of building an isolation method to keep X10
of the whole house wiring.
 I'm thinking of plugging two filters into an outlet, with a power strip
plugged into them.  Into the powerstrip I will plug the TW523, the
Insteon 2414X Translator and an RF Linc.  Another RF Linc will be
plugged into a nearby outlet.  The filters should prevent the TW523
signals from "escaping" from the powerstrip. They may also attenuate the
Insteon transmissions. So, the RF link will then transmit the Insteon
signals to another RFLinc which will  in turn place it on the powerline.