Re: Question about CCTV and VGA LCD

> I'm new to using Groups and I'm also legally blind.   I got a CCTV Low
> Vision Magnifier without a monitor, very cheap.  I thought I would use
> it with the VGA LCD panel I use with a laptop.  Whn it came it has a 9
> pin output, I believe that's RS-232, while the panel has 15 pin input.
> I found a 15 pin to 9 pin cable in junk but it doesn't work.

9 pin could be anything.  On computer monitors 9-pin was used for CGA/EGA
displays.  9-pin is also commonly used on RS-232 serial.  It would seem
rather unlikely that a magnifier would be putting out a serial signal.  The
question you're asking can't be answered without a bit more info about the
Magnifier.  What make/model is it?  What does the label on it say?