Re: pc controlled speaker switch

"Kurt Delaney" <kurt_dot_delaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:zvkag.539$ma1.361@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.russound.com/

Which might seem like killing a fly with a sledgehammer.

I have a Russound CAV6.6 and it's great, but it might be a bit of overkill
(price-wise) for what the guy is after.  Granted, I find it's better to use
a 'non-technical' solution like the Uno keypads.  They're much friendlier to
use than rummaging around for a PDA, remote or fancier wall-mounted
touchscreen.

At the low-end the Russound A-Bus stuff might also fill his needs.  Their
four source/four zone setup might be cost effective.  They've got an amp in
the keypad, one that's good enough to fill a room in the average-sized home.
And if you need more you can always an another amp (and the wiring for it).
I've got an A-Bus zone on the deck that feeds through an 400w amp.  Really
gets things crankin' in the yard.

-Bill Kearney