Re: Driveway Monitoring Probe

>I am considering purchasing a CT-6 driveway probe (probe only) and
> intergrating it with my stargate. Does anyone know how this probe
> works? Is it contact closure or will I be hooking this to the analog
> inputs?

It's not contact closure.  The system uses a magnetometer technology to
detect minute changes in the magnetic field of the earth in the vicinity of
the probe when a ferrous metal object passes nearby.

You really should use the processor with the probe.  Most HA systems haven't
the ability to respond to the output of the probe alone.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics