Re: replace XTAL with Crystal?

"JeffM" <jeffm_@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:1146857901.676148.86890@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Geoff wrote:
>>>If you don't know that xtal is a common abbreviation for crytal,
>>>then by  what basis have you decided that you want to change it,
>>>that the unit can 'handle it', and you have the technical skill to do
>>>it ?
>
> Daniel wrote:
>>Good question, Geoff, but what's more worrying
>>is that the places Tek is looking for XTALs/Crystals
>>don't seem to indicate that they are the same thing!
>
> What's REALLY fascinating
> is that Geoff dug back just shy of 2 years
> to find a post to which he would respond.
> OP:  May 8 2004
> If Tek is still looking, it must not be a high priority.
>
> Also worth noting that alt.electronics.analog was never a valid group.

Great, does this mean we could debate my want of a nice 8-pin DIL standard
IC for converting either frequency (or voltage representing it) to voltage
representing pitch? (Log conversion). :) I'm still hoping that thread of
mine, still hopefully current, might get some more suggestions for this..

(In group: sci.electronics.components btw, I don't like to crosspost.)