Re: biometric locksets -- experience?

Dennis,

There is at a more mature technology which you might want to
consider.  Proximity readers can detect a card or key fob in your
hand or in your pocket and unlock the door as you approach.
These vary in price, functionality and operating range.  There
are numerous good quality, highly reliable models around, several
of which I handle.  If that's of interest, please let me know.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.