Re: Insteon -- Any New Experiences?

Yes, I saw that note.  I don't have a boosterlinc.  Instead, my
existing X10 system uses an amplified homepro repeater straddling the
two phases at the power panel.  It's likely that the UPS serving the PC
that controlled the powerlinc USB module might have been at issue.  But
I'm sorry....I bought insteon because they said it was an RF-based
system.  To find out only after purchasing the equipment that there's
this little secret about still using powerline signaling in order for
the powerlinc to reach the two signalincs, which are in turn the
gateway to the RF ad hoc net, makes me question their concept.  Yeah, I
know, they said in case of difficulty just buy their powerline filters
or move your switching loads to another circuit.   But I absolutely
refuse to throw money at a bandaid solution because they chose to cut
corners.  The system is EXTREMELY to placement of the devices, so
buying filters and such would be a perpetual crapshoot.