Re: A economical solution

If you can wait a while for this I have a remote controllable
(via TCP/IP) outlet strip that I used to use to restart my remote
servers.  There are 4 individually controllable outlets.  The
device connects via standard CAT5 cable directly to your router.

To control it you simply point your browser to its IP address,
enter your user name and password and an on-screen display gives
you options to turn any or all loads on or off.  You can also
tell the unit to turn loads off, wait 2 seconds and then restore
them.  This was really handy when microgremlins would lock up one
of my servers.

I don't recall what I paid for it but if you'll contact me in
late April (2006) when I return to the USA you can have it for
the cost of shipping.  I haven't needed it in years since I now
use a server farm that's manned 24/7.  It's just gathering dust
in my garage.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.