Re: rf modulator, what about transmitter?

ebay my friend! For 35 bucks you're in business sending to UHF
frequencies (Chnl 14-51). All TV's since the 60's have UHF tuners so you
should be good to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-UHF-Audio-Video-Transmitter-Sender-4-Cable-TV_W0QQitemZ9703542694QQcategoryZ39803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem