Re: is x10.com dead?

"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:qnq802d4jl4895enq6f2jmoa6dk0kpt1ei@xxxxxxxxxx

> Twenty (20)  INSTEON ICON dimmers, modules and(or) switches  + bridge +
> USB/RS-232 controller + table-top controller cost about $530 at retail,
> shipping included.
>
> This is about 2/3 of what a fully Leviton X-10 system would cost and is
> much, much more robust, and much faster (yes, fast is much better than
slow
> once you've experienced it).

That is a new switch that was certainly not available when we selected
Leviton several years ago.  Looking at the other products in the Insteon
line, many are missing.  Where is the switched outlet?  Where is the
irrigation controller?  Where are the floodlights?  And the 1000 watt switch
we used for the high wattage circuits isn't so cheap.  Neither is the relay
switch we used for all the fluorescent circuits.

Nah, it ain't there yet.

With 99.99% reliability, I'd still choose high quality X10 compatible
devices today.

Jeff