Re: Robomower Sale at robomower.biz !

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I wonder how these mowers deal with lawns that are not level.
> Most of my property is level but part of it slopes down to our
> pond.  It would be a real shame to see the brand new Robomower
> disappearing below the water level.  :^)

I wonder how long it would take for the unit to walk off in the back of
someone's pickup truck?  They talk about having a four digit "lockout" code
that makes the unit unusable to thieves but that's not an effective
deterrent, IMHO.  It just means that the unit will get tossed or chopped by
the thieves *after* they've stolen it and discover the code lockout.  They
also claim the unit's weight is a theft deterrent but I recently read that
huge bronze statues were disappearing all over London.  Apparently those
thieves were quite undeterred by the massive weight of the sculpture.

If I owned one, I would try to figure out a way to connect wireless sensors
that would ring a very large outdoor bell as soon as the unit was lifted off
the ground.
--
Bobby G.