Re: Remote Car Battery Voltage Monitoring

Robert Green wrote:
> This is probably the most appropriate solution.  I especially like your idea
> of wiring it so that if it is accidentally disconnected via a "drive off"
> that there won't be a live 12VDC plug lying in the driveway.  I was also

A possibly easier alternative would be to use a different connector.
Like the Anderson Powerpoles.  This too would disconnect via
"drive-off", but it wouldn't accidentially short the 12V charger if the
plug happened to land on a piece of metal.  Yet you wouldn't have to
worry about the loose plug on the van end shorting the battery either.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66