Re: Inject text alerts into a CATV system

> The CTV1-M looks interesting, but I am not sure how I can work it into a
> closed system like the DVD/TV/VCR combo

Replace the TV, they're cheap these days.  Otherwise, yeah, it'd be quite
difficult to handle interrupting things effectively.

Also consider that on-screen messages might not get seen.  Or they might not
stay on-screen "long enough" to be read.  If you have a Tivo you'll have
seen how they handle messages.  They're stacked up and the system interrupts
you for the initial showing and then when you return to a menu.  It might be
interested to use that as a possible storage medium for messages like
this...