Re: Project ideas?

I don't want to be discouraging. I actually like youthful enthusiasm. :)

"I would like to create web software that allows a user on the internet to
view video from a camera and remotely change the camera's position, with
the commands and data encrypted between the client viewer and the host system"
is a much more workable goal statement, for example.

Many projects done for learning (in school or personal) already exist. For
example, I can buy an LCD temperature display that mounts over a Decora switch
(http://www.smarthome.com/9272dw.html) for $13, or I can get some 1-wire
samples, play with a PIC/STAMP, learn how to drive an LCD... [guess which
route I'm going :)]

- Byron