Transmit Wireless RCA

Greetings!

I want to avoid running rca cables from my ground floor up to my loft
area in my new house where I have my PC and AV unit.  I need to connect
my ground floor tv/dvr, etc. to my AV unit.  I use my PC for mp3 audio
hooked to the AV unit alot too.

I have been investigating wireless solutions and am wondering if the
"video sender" components I am finding on the web are what I am
looking for.  I don't need to transmit the video stream... Just the
audio/rca data.

If I am on the right track, can someone please suggest specifics on the
brand/specs that will work best for my situation?  Optimum audio
quality is definitely a must!

Also, my AV units' remote will not work from the ground floor.  I
would like to be able to control the volume, power  and switch inputs,
etc. on the AV unit from the ground floor.  Will the sender units do
this or will I have to find an IR Extender too?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob