Re: Transmit Wireless RCA

> I have been investigating wireless solutions and am wondering if
> the "video sender" components I am finding on the web are what
> I am looking for.

Most of the cheap senders on the market operate at the same frequency as
cordless phones.  They'll also pick up microwave useage.  My recollection is
that it affects both audio and video quality.

I'd run cable if audio quality is a big concern.  I'd probably not run RCA
but CAT5 with audio baluns so I could eliminate any ground loops between the
PC and AV.  They're likely coming off different breakers and that always
seems to heighten the chance of ground loop hum, at least in my limited
experience.

A single CAT5 run could also give you an IR control channel between the two
floors to operate components remotely.  I've found that if you need one
cable, you'll need more, so I would probably fish the standard 2 RG6
satellite grade for video and two CAT5's, one for Ethernet, the other for
your audio and IR control.

You can buy a very nice long drill bit and probably even a drill for what
you'd spend on a wireless sender that you'd probably have to replace anyway
once the buzzes, clicks and hums drove you batty.  Lots of cable jockeys
here that would be happy to give you all the info you need on fishing a
cable.

--
Bobby G.