Re: Want to detect small nocturnal animal (armadillo)

david.f.jenkins@xxxxxxx wrote:
> You're right - didn't help.  Central Texas is, despite all its other
> faults, not beset by gators as well as armadillos.  I know *how* to rid
> of them - a trusty 410 does the job quite nicely.  It's catching them
> in the act in the middle of the night that's the trick.  Hence my
> desire to see if motion sensors deployed along their regular routes of
> travle might detect them, and therefore my question about using the
> TD-10.  Any opinions on that?

As an update: I took a gamble on the Optex, and snagged me a 'dillo the
first night!  Worked like a charm - we're happy and about 15 vultures
are also happy and well-fed.  I am going to add 2 more sensors in other
well-dillo'd locations -- maybe this year we can plant some summer
flowers and have a hope that some will last the season.