Speaker Kill Switch

I have a cluster of outdoor speakers on an impedance-matching volume
control.  One speaker points directly towards the neighbor's house. I would
like to be able to selectively kill that one speaker.

Can I put a switch (immediately a waterproof outdoor light switch,
ultimately an inline module) in line with the positive wire of the speaker?

I don't know exactly how impedance matching works, is why I ask. The
negative side of the speaker would still be attached, as I don't have a DPST
waterproof switch handy.

Thanks.

E. Lee Dickinson
Entertainment Design and Technology