Re: Speaker Kill Switch

Seems the simplest thing is to just not point a speakers at your neighbors
house.  If it's pointed at the neighbors house, the real answer is "don't do
that as you're being a bad neighbor".

Your post seems to indicate that you want to shut down the speaker when you
get a complaint, and really, you SHOULD consider in your design that you
won't disrupt the neighbors.

"I'll do what I like until someone complains" is not the proper way to do
this.

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have a cluster of outdoor speakers on an impedance-matching volume
> control.  One speaker points directly towards the neighbor's house. I
would
> like to be able to selectively kill that one speaker.
>
> Can I put a switch (immediately a waterproof outdoor light switch,
> ultimately an inline module) in line with the positive wire of the
speaker?

> I don't know exactly how impedance matching works, is why I ask. The
> negative side of the speaker would still be attached, as I don't have a
DPST