Re: Speaker Kill Switch

"JimM" <Reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your post seems to indicate that you want to shut down the speaker when
> you
> get a complaint, and really, you SHOULD consider in your design that you
> won't disrupt the neighbors.
>
> "I'll do what I like until someone complains" is not the proper way to do
> this.

I appreciate your concern, but would appreciate your not editorialising and
putting words in my mouth.

There is a patio between the two houses, on which we often entertain. They
are invited and, being close friends, often attend. Usually they bring home
made BBQ sauce and, just yesterday, enjoying our new sound system, brought
over a CD. There is a speaker mounted on the wall of our house, providing
excellent coverage of this patio area.

However, when I'm working or relaxing in the rear of the house, I'd like my
garden speakers to stay on while the one pointing in their direction is
turned off. I happen to be a big believer in being polite and doing things
because it's the nice thing to do, which is precisely why I asked this
question. "Do what I like until someone complains." Gimme a break.