Re: Speaker Kill Switch

> Like Robert said ...
>
> Also, one thing you do want to avoid is a _shorting_ on-off switch. Line
> level input controls commonly used to short unused inputs to ground to
> minimize cross talk. Don't inadvertently use one  of these to switch
> _outputs_ or you may indeed blow a fuse or, worse yet, an amplifier
> channel.

Marc is correct.  Common switches which may be found at RadShak, etc.,
should be used with care.  Speaker control A/B switches which are commonly
used for this purpose do not short the leads.  The only other reasons I can
think of for using a switch designed for the purpose are (1) it will have
the same design as the volume control and (2) it will be rated for the same
or greater amperage as the V/C.  Other than that, anything that will open
the circuit will do the trick.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass