Re: I like Jeff's XTB so much, I made a logo!

Hi guys!

Art is subjective indeed.

What I did was another quickie...

I can change the X back to blue... No problems there. I can also have it
color shift, etc, etc.

Jeff's not into the lightning, which is too bad 'cause thats what makes
it cool!

He's afraid it has negative connotations. I understand that most
products that exhibit that behavior (lightning shooting out) are
somewhat broken.

The exception being a Plasma Ball, which is the reason to own one! And
the center element thingy is often orange, isn't it? Blue's fine... I
like blue!

I'm doing this for free, and for fun & practice. So I have a limited
amount of time that I'm willing to invest... I spend WAAAY to much time
in front of a computer screen for a living. I need time away...

Besides...

I'm trying to convince Jeff to give the product a cool regular name. I
had a couple ideas.

Not a "buffer" but an amplifier. So I believe "Booster" would be better,
and since he's using brute-force ta git 'er done shouldn't it be
"Blaster"...?!??

Then "Transmit" would sound better as "Transmission", IMHO.

So if he keeps it XTB then X10 Transmission Booster, or X10 Transmission
Blaster!

Back to the Amplifier idea. What if that were part of the name? XTA...??

More suscintly how about: Power-Data Amplifier... PDA!

I kinda like that one.

Next what is the outcome of this product's use?

I say it's an Extender. In more ways than one...

(Not looking for an argument, so save it) Some would say X10 may be on
it's way out due to newer/faster/better devices offered by other
manufacturers, etc. If that is the case, Jeff's product will help.

It extends the useful life of X10 products in the market place, and in
our homes.

And of course the obvious: It extends the range of reception of X10
commands on our power lines, etc.

So I suggest a cool snappier name for the device be some acceptable
spelling or mis-spelling of "Extender."

X-Tendor?

I don't like X-Tender... Kinda makes the mind wander in the wrong
direction.  ;-)

So as you can see now may NOT be the very best time to re-re-re-work the
logo till Jeff has time to think this over.

I believe they're selling like hot-cakes and he's busy soldering all the
live-long day.

I know you guys have opinions, lets here 'em..!

And please chop out the stuff that doesn't matter in the replies people...

Can I request that we TOP post too?

;-)

Later!

Jack