CFL reviews?

I've got a bunch of Commercial Electric CFLs (bought at home depot) in
my house..what i really like about these CFLs is the "quickstart"
technology...they come on immediately, just like an incandescent bulb.
What I don't like is, of course, the x10 signal suck (or noise
generation?).

Has anyone done an in depth analysis of various brands of CFL to
determine which ones suck the least signal or generate the least noise?
 And ideally, an analysis of how fast they come on.

I don't really care about dimmability, just noise/signal suckage...
googling didn't really turn up anything beyond "CFLs suck signal" which
of course i already knew and at $3-4 a pop, i hate buying random CFLs
to test, especially since i can't just "use it until it dies" since
that will be 5-10 years, ideally.

I know, i need to get an ELK and do the assessment myself..it's on my
list.  And yes, i now have jeff's XTB (well, one, anyway...probably
will need 1-2 more in the end) and it definitely helped, but i've got
at least one fixture w/ 3 CFLs in it that i can turn on, but not off.