Re: installing ethernet RJ45 and faceplate

"ABLE_1" <able1no@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> If you are using the wider tool it may be spreading the connection
> wedge so much that it is not cutting the insulation on the wire thus
> not connecting with the conductor.

That's an excellent point that I overlooked.  He may indeed may have it
wired "correctly" in terms of which wire is where, but not "well."  It's
very likely that the insulation was not pierced and there's no conductivity.
I've on occasion had to use needle nose pliers to push down a wite.  It's
ugly, it's not good practice but it's better than nothing, especially if you
don't have a punchdown tool handy. This is where one of those little 8 LED
testers is very helpful.

--
Bobby G.